6 Key Meal Preparation Steps
I have been meal prepping since 2014 as a busy mom with two little kids and a family. I have found these super simple 6 steps to meal prepping so that YOU can be prepared when it comes to healthy food and eating and you can feed you family too!
- Have 2 GO TO Proteins for the week (ex: seasoned grilled chicken & salmon or steak)
- Have 3 favorite GO TO meals for each; breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks (Search Pinterest for great ideas or see my Meal Prep Guide For Busy People packed with 23 amazing simple recipes)
- KNOW YOUR SCHEDULE…..aka….Plan out your week for meals (kids school and sports events, eating out for lun ches or dinners, weekend plans….X out any meals you will NOT be cooking for….then plan for the rest with steps 1 & 2 above
- Cook Once Eat All Week aka…when you are cooking on the spot for a meal, cook MORE for future meals/and/or make the dish or protein for the set amount of meals you will have.
- Take 1-2 hours on Sunday to meal plan (write it down), shop, come home and prep some key food items
- Cooking for and serving KIDS or your FAMILY?? Give yourself permission to not have to eat what they are eating! My BEST TIP here is to use one of the proteins as base (example: grilled chicken – its so versitile to use in MANY meals and easy to flavor per the meal itself). SO lets say on Sunday you grill a bunch of chicken, mildly flavored of course.
When it comes to feeding kids and the family and you don’t want to eat what they are eating…… Add the protein you are making for them into a large amazing gorgeous salad for you (because you will have already cooked the meat and shopped for the salad making items as I am going to show you)…it will take you 3 minutes toi throw it all together for YOU, and you can serve your family, whatever it is that you made for them.
REPLY BACK and let me know your thoughts on this topic, or post into the Facebook group.
Here is a RECAP of all the amazing Healthy Habit topics we have covered;
Day 1 Meditation, Affirmations, Journaling
Day 2 How water helps with weight loss
Day 3 All about Intermittent Fasting
Day 4 Amazing benefits of exercise & how weight training shrinks fat!
Day 5 Sleep and the effects on weight loss
Day 6 FOOD! What to eat, how to eat, when to eat
Day 7 Cook ONCE, Eat All WEEK! Meal Prep For BUSY People
In love, light, and empowerment for living your true highest self and your best life!