Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup regular oatmeal, ground
- 1 tsp Sucanat
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soy milk
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Prepare pancakes: In a medium bowl, mix both flours, wheat germ, oatmeal, Sucanat, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In a smaller bowl, whisk together egg and egg white, buttermilk and soy milk until foamy. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until well blended; let sit for 5 minutes so flours have time to absorb liquid (mixture will thicken).
- Prepare ricotta sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, ricotta, maple syrup and cinnamon with a whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat (about 350°F) and coat with cooking spray. Pour pancake batter onto griddle in large spoonfuls (4 inches in diameter). Cook until bubbles form around edges, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, stack pancakes evenly among plates, drizzle with 1/4 cup ricotta sauce and top with 1/4 cup raspberries.