Grilled shrimp is layered over quinoa, fresh veggies and olive oil red wine vinaigrette! #DressingItUp with Pompeian red wine vinegar creates a refreshing salad everyone will love!
- For the shrimp:
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 clove garlic
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients for the shrimp in a large bowl and marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes. Heat grill to medium-high. Remove shrimp from marinade and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, feta cheese, and garbanzo beans. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss well to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Layer shrimp over salad. Garnish with avocado and serve.