Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Total time: 33 minutes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 12-oz bag spinach
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, shredded
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place red pepper on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes, turning once (some of the skin should turn black). When done, remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Place chicken on another baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and seed red pepper. Then purée with vinegar in a small food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 1 minute. Then add spinach, basil, salt and black pepper, and toss for 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup spinach mixture on a plate, top with 1 chicken breast and 2 tbsp roasted red pepper sauce.